Sunday, May 08, 2005

Rajini effect

You probably already have been bored to death talking/reading about this.. Anyway, I decided to make your turn in your grave by doing another article on this topic from a slightly different angle though.

According to trade reports, superstar Rajnikanth's latest Tamil movie "Chandramukhi" (CM) is running to packed houses in India and doing great business overseas. Supposedly, Chandramukhi has broken a lot of records of the Indian movie business in the US. Well, this post is not a review of the movie. I wont talk of the great experience I had when I watched the movie in Kansas City. (For that, you'll have to see our pic on rajinifans.com/cm_theater/usa.asp ). I wont even talk about the breaking of coconuts and aarthi puja of Rajni's image on the screen in New Jersey. I'm going to talk about the effect this star has on a tiny little fan of his!

My little niece Ashmita (who is 5 years now) is a big fan of Rajnikanth. When she was 2 years old, her mother (my sis) had to keep the Padayappa DVD running to get her to eat. I dont know what she understood of it, but she simply loved it. No one in our house is a fanatic Rajini Fan, although everyone likes Rajini and his movies. And no one ever forced this thing on her. She simply liked Rajini by her own choice!! I dont understand how Rajini could have an effect on a small kid who lives thousands of miles away from this place where Rajini rules.

This time around when CM was being released in Salt Lake City (thats where Ashmita lives), she decided to do something nice for her fellow American friends. One day when she was watching a CM commercial on SUN TV, she said to my sister "Mom, You know what? I am going to write a book. Its going to be called 'Chandramukhi'. All these American people dont understand Tamil and so, they cant see Chandramukhi. So, I'll write this book in English and everyone can enjoy it"

If Rajini can still make tiny little fans like this, I am sure he can continue doing his style (some people will call it antics, not me though) and be called the one true Superstar of Tamil cinema.

5 Comments:

he is a true crowd puller, with a hidden charisma of his own.. its high time simbhu, ajith, vijay & co realise that only thalaivar can do all his gimmicks.. others look like morons when they copy him..eagerly waitin' for a rajini-shankar movie, this is the right time, rather high time and that wud be the movie of a lifetime movie for all his fans!!! (i always wonder why rajini turned down mudhalvan!)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:27 PM, May 08, 2005  

You know what, VK thought "aa aa anna-noda paatu" of Chandramukhi very funny every time it was on TV. But yesterday in the theatre he went in the front and danced for the song along with other rajini fans.

Here age does not matter, ashmita or vk, the effect is same. By the way, i always knew ashmita is a smart kid and always makes the intelligent & correct decisions. Way to go kid.

By Blogger Pal, at 1:32 AM, May 09, 2005  

I love Rajni. He is the real super star. Only he can do stunts like the one that comes in CM and still people would not show faces but still enjoy. Whatever he does, becomes style. He is a man of stardom

By Blogger Suguna, at 2:19 AM, May 09, 2005  

I accept with hari ...Rajini is a crowd puller for sure...I like the energy he portrays in the movies...

Some of his songs are really motivating and meaningful....

I would say after MGR he has the most number for fan following and hero worship...

Except for his political agenda all about his is cool

- Morpheus

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:15 PM, May 09, 2005  

None of the present actors can replace him. It is inherent style.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:42 PM, July 02, 2006  

Post a Comment