Monday, March 07, 2005

Strange Coincidences!

Sometimes things just happen! No amount of reasoning can give you a satisfactory explanation of how and why things happen!

Five years back when I came out of my new-entran
t training program in Tata Infotech, the HRAG (Human Resource Allocation Group) put me into this project called DSSP. At the end of the first day, I made up my mind to talk to the HRAG manager to request a reassignment to a different project. The reason: I attended a project seminar on the first day and I didnt understand a word of what was being said. This guy was explaining how to analyze a kernel dump image. All I saw was thousands of bytes of hexadecimal data projected on the screen. The only reason they put me in the project was because I was a Comp. Sci major. But my perseverance (read as laziness) advised me to stick on for one more day. The next day I found out that the onsite team for the project was in Salt Lake City, Utah. And suddenly everything changed.

How ?? My sister lives in Salt Lake City. She and my bil own a Indian restaurant in SLC (thats how we liked to call it). From that moment on, I started dreaming! And before long, I saw that dream come true. Many of my relatives (in Coimbatore and Kerala) still think that my sister 'took me to the US'. Were it California, New Jersey or Chicago - there's a chance that my company could have sent me. But, to Salt Lake...No way! It had to be my sister. No one ever believes that it was just a big coincidence. Now, I've stopped explaining.

And how come I am writing about this today? My friend(1) was telling me about his friend(2), who was coming for an onsite assignment to St. Louis (Missouri) sometime in summer. Later in the evening, I got an email from my close friend(3) ( totally unrelated to (1) and (2) ) telling me that she's into this new project thats has its onsite based in St. Louis. Thats not all. Turns out that its the same project as (2) and guess what? Moments later, they both are talking to each other!! And all this happened in one day!

Things happen!

PS: After completing the post, I realized that a 3rd person might not find this THAT strange a coincidence. But, to me, it was !!

8 Comments:

My friend MIGHT come onsite!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 AM, March 08, 2005  

friend (4)
it is awesome :-P

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:36 PM, March 08, 2005  

Dude/Dudette,

Thanks for commenting on the post! But, who the hell is this :-)) Why doesnt anyone want to leave their name when commenting ?? I promise I will never quote you guys or use this against you! (Although thats something I would love to do)

-Vinod

By Blogger Vinod, at 5:38 PM, March 08, 2005  

Hey
I am sure all of us related to what you said. One of my friends has a friend who has the same name as me and that is not all, we even share the same birthday!
It is such a wonderful coincidence! I am glad you decided to stick on with the project five years back! It has made such gorgeous changes in your life.
Pearl

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 PM, March 08, 2005  

Janus... you dont seem to have viewed my comments on your other entries or didnt you want to respond?
Pearl

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:32 PM, March 08, 2005  

Morpho dude,

Translate 'Pearl' to tamil .. that might give you a clue! Although, I still have no idea who it is :-)

Yo pearly....
I did read ur comments...and as usual was breaking my head trying to figure out who it is! Thanks for the comments again!

Vinod

By Blogger Vinod, at 9:01 PM, March 08, 2005  

if friend 2 and friend 3 are going to st louis..where is friend 1 now? FYI:-- friend 34 is still in india, with friend 56 and friend 62 and you know what friend 11 who was supposed to be with friend 34, 56, 62 is not in ireland...too much coincidence huh...vinod for decoding go back to 96CSE roll call...

By Blogger Pal, at 3:41 AM, March 09, 2005  

And who is Morpheus? I am curious too :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:59 PM, March 09, 2005  

Post a Comment