Sunday, May 01, 2005

6300 !!

Wondering what this number is? Its the amount of time I spent over the phone last month! Damn it! It is 4 WHOLE DAYS! Didn't realize I've been wasting so much of my time. I've made a resolution to contain it to atleast 3000 this month!!! So friends, if I dont call you as much as I did before, this is the reason.

Is there a way I can figure out how much time I spend on emails?

I read about this survey about the effects of emails on the human IQ. According to the survey, "Email users suffered a 10 per cent drop in IQ scores, more than twice the fall recorded by marijuana users, in a clinical trial of over a thousand participants. Doziness, lethargy and an inability to focus are classic characteristics of a spliffhead, but email users exhibited these particular symptoms to a "startling" degree". I have to agree with this. For me, email is a serious distraction. Earlier, when there were no email notifiers, I used to keep F5-ing my inbox every 30 seconds or so.

I dont feel good reading all this. I feel sleepy and lethargic already. Let me go and take a little nap :-)

10 Comments:

Wouldnt call it a waste of time if I had one!

By Blogger Vinod, at 10:25 PM, May 01, 2005  

At last!! Good you made this decision, I can be free from now! Better late than never.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:40 PM, May 01, 2005  

what if a M user is high on emails...what would happen to his IQ...jus curious....

By Blogger ~phobiac~, at 3:37 AM, May 02, 2005  

The best thing in the world is making relationships. Communication is a gift and you have spent four days exercising this wonderful art!
You dont have to feel guilty. It is always worth it making relationshipsmay it be with boys or girls :)
So good going!
Pearl.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:30 PM, May 02, 2005  

Marijuana and email? deadly combination :-)) Phobiac, know what? I had a friend in college who used to booze just a little before every mathematics exam! And he always did well on those exams! So, I dont really know!

Pearl.. ! Good to know someone's seeing something positive in this!! Although, to me it was more of an alarming news!

By Blogger Vinod, at 6:37 PM, May 02, 2005  

6300!!! i am sure u can do better..
ppl @ t-mobile will be more happier if u do succeed in u r efforts!!

- hari

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:17 AM, May 03, 2005  

so email is addictive?????????? should it be banned??? jus imagine office without email???? what will people do to communicate.? how will life be if post man started giving inland post cards.......which the generation now may not even know that something like that existed .

By Blogger Suguna, at 1:37 AM, May 04, 2005  

Janus Man, you know what, another research find states the symptoms of a Dangerous Disease
1) Spending more than 6299 over the phone in one month
2) Spening too much time e-mailing
3) Feeling doziness, lethargy and inability to focus
4) Feeling guilty of the above 3 and blogging about this.

I forgot the name of the Disease but I know it is dangerous. Good Luck Janus Man.

By Blogger Pal, at 3:59 AM, May 04, 2005  

Good God! It took so long for you to make a realization as this!?!? Pal, if I recall it right, isn't "late realization" the fifth symptom of the DANGEROUS disease?!?!?

Janus Man, I am surprised at how you can stay on the phone for this long? Don't your ear buds hurt (meant to ask - don't you have better things to do at school)? :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:55 AM, May 07, 2005  

As phone calls and e-mails, blogging is also extremely addictive. Did you know that there are some 9 billion blogs out there on the web, with 40,000 new ones popping up each day? Blogs are getting dangerous and can even change your business.

Source: BusinessWeek (May 2, 2005)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 AM, May 07, 2005  

Post a Comment